This Independence Day, surprise your friends and family with a delicious treat! Whether you’re staying at home or heading out to a BBQ, it’s a good idea to make a dish for everyone to share. For the Fourth of July weekend, my husband and I decided to stay in town and relax. After months of wedding planning and constant traveling, it’s nice to finally sit on the couch with a sugar-free vanilla latte and The Lumineers album playing in the background. That being said, of course I had the cooking bug this morning which always leads to a new creation.
I have been trying to eat healthier, which can be extremely difficult when you love to cook and have a never ending sweet tooth. For this Fourth of July Dessert, we will be making a naturally sweetened whipped berry treat!
6 pack of dessert shells
Sugar-free cool whip
- Scoop ¾ cup of cool whip into a mixing bowl and stir for a more firm consistency
- Line the 6 dessert shells on a baking sheet
- If you like honey, add a dollop of honey inside the dessert shell. This will give the dessert a sweeter flavor.
- Scoop a spoon full of cool whip into the dessert shell
- Wash ½ cup of blueberries and 12 strawberries
- Cut each strawberry in half (or thinner slices for decorating)
- Assemble the fruit onto the top of the dessert shell and cool whip
*NOTE: If you make these for an event later in the day, refrigerate the dessert for at least 2 hours before taking out and sitting on the dessert table!