The hotter it gets outside, the harder it gets to make healthy choices. However, there is nothing better than coming inside from a long day of running errands, at the pool or even the 10 mile (I mean feet) walk from the car, and treating yourself to a cold and delicious smoothie! My Very Berry Smoothie is full of healthy ingredients that still tastes naturally sweet.
1 cup of low sugar apple juice
1 cup of ice
1. Pour 1/2 cup of apple juice, 1/2 cup of ice, and 1/2 cup of blueberries into the blender
2. Liquify until smooth
3. Pour contents of blender into serving cup
4. Rinse blender
5. Add thin layer of cool whip to cup on top of the blueberry layer of smoothie
6. Repeat step one, add strawberries instead of blueberries
7. Add strawberry smoothie to top layer of cool whip
*Note: I add cool whip to the middle layers of my smoothies to act as a divider. Sometimes if a bottom layer of a smoothie is too thin, then the cool whip will act as a barrier!