As an attempt to eat healthier and cut carbs, the spaghetti squash is the perfect substitute. Of course, nothing will ever replace fresh pasta covered in butter, but with an attempt to eat healthy the squash is where it’s at. I told my husband Matt to pick a recipe for dinner that we haven’t had in a while. To my surprise, he picked spaghetti squash. Ironically, this came from the man who could eat a plate of spaghetti as a side dish and still be hungry. I sent him off to buy the ingredients as I quickly caught up on my favorite TLC shows. Now that he is home, let’s begin!
Large spaghetti squash
Ground beef or sausage
½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice spaghetti squash vertically down the middle
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking oil or butter spray
- Drizzle olive oil and salt on both halves of the squash and place face down on the baking sheet
- Bake for 1 hour
- Remove from oven, use fork to lightly scrap out the spaghetti squash
- In a large skillet, cook meat
- Add squash to skillet and mix ingredients
- Put ingredients back in the squash halves and top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 5 minutes and enjoy!