After our big move to Florida and the process of unpacking, I have found it a bit difficult to prepare a hot meal each night. However, unpacking boxes of wedding gifts has led me to the beautiful new casserole dishes that we received. I love how easy making a casserole is and the fact that you can save the leftovers for lunch the next day. This casserole serves 4 people.
2 cups of broccoli (cut into medium pieces)
1 pound of skinless chicken breast
½ cup of cheddar cheese (shredded)
3 cups of rice
1/3 cup of diced yellow onion
1 can cream of chicken
- Cook rice and set aside
- Pan fry chicken with olive oil and yellow onions
- Steam broccoli
- Add rice, chicken, broccoli, and seasoning to a large mixing bowl with the cream of chicken and stir until completely mixed through
- Put mixture into a medium casserole dish
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese, bake for another 10 minutes and enjoy!