I must admit that it can be difficult to replace all of the carb-licious meals with a healthy alternative. That is why my cauliflower mash recipe is the perfect way to pack a flavorful punch into a healthy bite.
1 head of cauliflower
¼ cup olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
½ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
*You will need a food processor for this recipe
- Wash and chop cauliflower into small pieces
- Add 2 cups of water to a sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Add salt to boiling water
- Boil cauliflower for 5 minutes or until tender
- Drain cauliflower and add to the food processor
- Add olive oil, butter, salt, garlic salt, pepper and cheese to food processor
- Pulse until you’ve reached a smooth consistency
- Taste cauliflower and add more salt and pepper as desired
It’s that easy. Last week I served my cauliflower mash with lean ground turkey and the entire meal was only 500 calories. You don’t have to cut flavor to cut calories.