As the first Michael Bublé Christmas song plays throughout the house, the feeling of the holidays is upon us! Which means it is time for holiday desserts. Over the past year I found that I had to follow a clean diet in order to get my health on track. At first, I was worried about the holidays, my love of baking and my mom’s delicious sweet treats at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I started to search for sweet treats online and everything I found was full of calories. I decided to take one of my favorite desserts as a kid a replace the flour with gluten free flour and unsalted peanut butter. The taste is amazing and my love of baking sweet treats continues.
Peanut Butter Layer – Ingredients:
- 3 cups of unsalted peanut butter
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
- Add all three ingredients to an electronic mixing bowl
- Mix until you have reached a smooth consistency
- Pour peanut butter layer into a large mixing bowl and set aside
Chocolate Layer – Ingredients:
- 2 cups of chocolate
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl
- Add peanut butter on top of the chocolate chips
- Microwave for 45 seconds
- Remove and stir
- Repeat this process until a smooth consistency is reached
- Pour chocolate layer on top of the peanut butter layer
- Place the dish in the freezer for 45 minutes
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Be sure to place back in freezer once the bars a served, this dish is best kept cold
Servings: 16 bars
Even Winnie wishes she could try some!