It’s been a while, but I’m finally back to blogging and writing about my favorite summer recipes. Summer is here, and I cannot remember a day that was not 89 degrees and scalding. That is why I decided to incorporate fruit into my first summer dish.
Enter, honey grilled peaches. If you think that sounds delicious, you are absolutely correct. It’s officially peach season so why not make the best of nature’s most delicious fruit? This simple fruity delight is perfect for a summer cookout as a side dish or light appetizer.
- 1 whole fresh peach (enough for 1 serving)
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Prep: wash and slice peaches.
- There are a few ways that you can grill the peaches. I’ve grilled peaches outside on the actual gas grill, I’ve sautéed peaches, but today I used a cast iron skillet with grill lines.
- Bring skillet to a medium heat and slowly pour canola oil over the skillet.
- Lightly place peach slices on skillet. Let cook for about 3 minutes and flip over.
- Once peaches have been flipped, let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil on top of peaches.
- Flip over to the original side and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and let peaches cool for 5 minutes.
- Plate peaches as shown below.
- Lightly sprinkle chia seeds on peaches.
- Drizzle honey on top of peaches and enjoy!