I’ve always been a fan of the banana and peanut butter toast, but I needed to try something different. I wanted to incorporate a fruit with a lighter notes and fresh flavor. While walking down the produce isle I came across a bushel of bright red strawberries. Why not a strawberry toast? I was a bit skeptical at first, but the finished product was so flavorful that I had to share the recipe. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 large strawberries (per toast)
- 1 piece of bread (my favorite is Udi’s)
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Toast you bread, that’s pretty simple!
- Smear almond butter on toast
- Thinly slice strawberries
- Place strawberries on toast
- Sprinkle on the chia seeds
This recipe is super quick and easy, but it’s also hardy and delicious for lunch!